What Are The Benefits of COMMA Membership?
- COMMA is a place where we can think missionally about Islam. There are a lot of strong opinions about Muslims and Islam, but our greatest passion is how to reach our Muslim neighbors with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- COMMA members can share common experiences and learn from each other.
- COMMA members share resources. Books, articles, and news items are regularly shared on COMMA.
- COMMA members can ask for help. COMMA members often ask for help with a particular situation or resources.
- COMMA members are a community of people with like passions.
- COMMA members have access to and ability to post on the email list serve.
- COMMA members also receive the monthly newsletter as well as prayer updates from around the world.
Who can join COMMA?
- Those that are ministering to Muslims in North America. This includes Canadians and those in the U.S.A.
- Former missionaries who have served overseas but now reside and minister in North America.
- Missionaries who are on extended leave but want to keep current with what is happening.
- Missionary candidates who desire to learn about ministry to Muslims.
- Individuals who want to connect with others in reaching out in love to our Muslim neighbors.
Can Mission Agencies join COMMA?
We do not have a group rate or a way to process a group. We encourage individuals from a mission agency to join, but it would be done on an individual basis, not as a group.
Does everyone on COMMA live and minister in North America?
NO. We have requests from people who are ministering outside North America. COMMA is not exclusively North American but those individuals who are ministering to Muslims in a Muslim minority country have a similar context as those found in North America. Our focus is not Islam in general (though we do discuss Islam in general), but creating a community in which we are learning from each other as we minister to Muslims in our North American context.
Do COMMA members have ministry exclusively in North America?
No. We live in a global world. People are interconnected and move all the time. Some COMMA members have ministries overseas and ministries in North America. The people to whom we witness move back and forth to their home countries. Our connection with people in their home country will only enhance our ministry here.
COMMA was formed to become a community for those ministering in the North American setting. We need to discuss what is happening overseas, because it will have an impact on us here and we will have an impact on what is happening overseas.